Consonants and Vowels...

As I go on my journey that is my life, I am inclined to write about experiences or feelings, share pics, recipes, ideas, oh just whatever may pop into my cluttered brain. Feel free to read and or share if you so desire...

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Little Warrior

My son Conner and I had a long heart to heart tonight about Colin. For the first time, I embraced Colin's PDD and told Conner what we were dealing with. It is such a hard discussion to have. We both cried. He finally understands why his brother does some of the things he does, he recognizes that dad and I get frustrated and tired. I told him what the counselor had shared with me about not engaging him. It is hard for Conner because he takes the brunt of Colin's physical aggression. We talked about that and that Colin doesn't like the fact that is how he is, bit it is something that we ALL have to deal with. Conner is such a little warrior. He held my hand while I cried. He told me I was a good mom and that we would all have to try harder to make life easier... He is so smart. Such an old wise soul. He told me that if I seemed to be overwhelmed, he would hold my hand as a reminder to remember that he loves me and all will be ok... how adorable. We also discussed that we get very little one on one time together. He always refuses to go to the store with me or do anything except watch TV or play games. So we made a date for tomorrow night. He loves coffee. We will go to the Firefly and run errands... BTW, later in the night, Colin blew up on us, I got VERY angry. Conner grabbed my hand gently, yet urgently and stroked it... I just smiled, let out a deep breath, and knew that we would be okay.

0 comments: