Consonants and Vowels...

As I go on my journey that is my life, I am inclined to write about experiences or feelings, share pics, recipes, ideas, oh just whatever may pop into my cluttered brain. Feel free to read and or share if you so desire...

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Today is my birthday! I had a great day! I am getting an iPod for my bday from Chad, he got me a bunch of stuff, hats, a sweater, a sweatshirt. It was great. He put alot of thought into my gifts this year!

The boys fought. and fought. It was horrible in that respect. Colin can't quit pushing buttons.Poor Conner caught in the crossfire. All I do is try to be a good mom, but I seem to fail over and over. I must have crazy expectations to think that my boys could stay in the same room for 5 minutes while I change my clothes without attempts on someones life! I am so frustrated. No interventions are working. Conner is having trouble buying into not engaging with his brother in negative behavior. We are working on that. It just seems like no matter what, Colin just doesn't have to do what he doesn't want to do. If we ask him to, we are asking for a shit storm. If we don't give him what he wants, same result. It is like a cyclone, I just can't get out. I ended up sitting in the car quietly and thinking about things and I got NOWHERE. Except that maybe we need to bite the bullet and try this dietary thing. No milk, no wheat. Again, looking for trouble, that is all he eats, if I take it away, he will throw a damn tantrum.

Chad had to work tonight, I miss him. He will be off this weekend though. It shoud be awesome!

Work was good, I got suprised with a littel party by all of my dementia residents and my staff. I got some cute presents. Overall, it was a good day!