Consonants and Vowels...

As I go on my journey that is my life, I am inclined to write about experiences or feelings, share pics, recipes, ideas, oh just whatever may pop into my cluttered brain. Feel free to read and or share if you so desire...

Monday, September 1, 2008

A Day in the water at the Park...

We went down to Headwaters park yesterday! It was a wonderful day. The kids cooled off in the fountain (even big kids like me!) I had so much fun chasing them through the water! They ran into some friends from school and they were laughing and screaming with delight...


The fountains start off small like so and then intermittently rise and spray...









Like this!


They just had so much fun. I did too. I felt young again, running through those streams of water, laughing my ass off.




The sun was so hot and so bright. Before we reached the park, I thought it was intolerable. But after hitting the fountain a time or two, it was a beautiful day at 92 degrees... :)







I am a people watcher.

I enjoyed watching all of the other folks on the park and observing their personalities, lifestyles, etc.

I watched a wee 2 year old boy run into the fountains at full speed with Dad in tow behind him yelling to stay away from the water... Apparently, they did not have a change of clothes... LOL. Well, the little master got his way, because Dad was too much of a fuddy duddy to get wet! That toddler ran in and out of the water, Face gleaming with joy, probably one of the best experiences of his life, and there stood Dad yelling to "Get out here right this minute!" I laughed out loud. People need to loosen up. Ya only live once. Dad should have hopped right in there with him, splashed, laughed, and had a remarkable memory with his son.

There was an older couple who did their best to frolic in the water. It made me smile. They had been on a walk and decided to take an impromptu side trip through the water...

Water is an amazing element. It brings us cool when we are hot, it brings us laughter and silliness in the form of splashing and dunking. Cleanliness when we are dirty. It brings us necessary hydration when we are thirsty. It helps to cook foods. It keeps my drink cool in its solid state. It is what we cry when we are sad. It represents cleansing, transformation, purification, nourishment, and movement as in tides or a current...Water is purifying, rejuvenating. The energy of water is that of ebb and flow, of changes and growth.

Water ruled the day yesterday, but I was at peace surrounded by all of the elements in one place. We had fire in the shape of a large, round, sun that warmed us when the water and air got a bit too cool for us. The Earth, is where I sat my rump and watched the boys play. I dug my little insignificant toes into her crust, and felt the cool dirt. I felt grounded. Planted where I was. At peace. The air was the breeze that kissed my wet body gently and brought a sigh of relief in the heat... And My spirit was open wide.

0 comments: