Consonants and Vowels...

As I go on my journey that is my life, I am inclined to write about experiences or feelings, share pics, recipes, ideas, oh just whatever may pop into my cluttered brain. Feel free to read and or share if you so desire...

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Queen Cheeseball

A few weeks ago, we were talking about cheeseball recipes at work. I mentioned I make a decent one and a girl I work with started talking smack about my cheeseball and said her recipe would kick my recipe's ass... Very mature we are. ha. Anyway, I challenged her to a cheeseball cook off. We work on a dementia unit and I am always trying to find ways to trick my residents into eating so we made it a contest that the residents voted on! They tried both cheeseballs and then voted and then we invited all of the staff to vote as well.... I kicked her ass. I think the final tally was like 22-9... Here is the recipe I used.

Winner Cheeseball

2 bars cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp Cheez Whiz
1/4 cup onion flakes
1/4 cup parsley flakes
1 pkg Buddig Beef (Chip Beef) Chopped
about 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Mix all together in mixer except pecans. Shape as desired and then cover with nuts... It is really good!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a similar recipe.. Cream cheese, honey ham, chives, and garlic powder.. then I roll it in walnuts.. Yummy..