Consonants and Vowels...

As I go on my journey that is my life, I am inclined to write about experiences or feelings, share pics, recipes, ideas, oh just whatever may pop into my cluttered brain. Feel free to read and or share if you so desire...

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Grass... Greener...Not so

Today a co-worker of mine had a really hard time. To make a really long story short, her boyfriend cheated on her and left her. It has left her in shambles. So much so that she was talking suicide today! I talked to her all morning and she agreed to go with me to a behavioral health facility to be assessed. It took hours. That poor girl has been through hell. When we walked into the interview, she had just got done telling me how much she admired me and my "strength"... Yikes. When we walked out, I was crying and told her that I thought she could very possibly be the strongest woman alive! The abuse and torture she suffered at the hands of her own father! And she lives on... I thought my childhood was bad. My Gods! It just goes to show you that you really don't know who people are and what they have been through and the grass surely isn't greener on the other side...

I haven't felt well all day. I think I feel as if I took a bath in her pain....

4 comments:

Randilin said...

That was a great thing you did for your friend. You are both very strong people. You for making the time to help her through her troubled time and her for getting through it.

Tammy said...

Wow, I am sitting here in tears. I truly feel for your friend. Abuse, whether physical, sexual or mental is the hardest thing to get over. And it is even harder when it was inflicted by someone close to you, who is supposed to protect you...believe me, I know all to well. You are a good friend my dear, she is a lucky woman to have someone like you around.

Anonymous said...

Yay for you!

I know that sounded sarcastic, but I really mean it..

Anonymous said...

You seem like an extraordinary woman. Your compassion and empathy are beyond the pale, and yet you have enough energy to take care of your work and family...and yourself. I admire you, and your attitude toward life. You're a great example.