Consonants and Vowels...

As I go on my journey that is my life, I am inclined to write about experiences or feelings, share pics, recipes, ideas, oh just whatever may pop into my cluttered brain. Feel free to read and or share if you so desire...

Thursday, November 13, 2008

On a journey

So, left work early to meet with this Crisis behavioral team. On the way home, I called Colin's psychiatrist who has been less than helpful lately. I think he feels as if he has failed in some way too... Anyway, he said to bring him right in. We made some progress, he validated my feelings and thoughts on Colin's meds and finally decided to let me trial him on Risperdal. It was recently approved for use in children with ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder). Here is a link to a website about it!

http://www.risperdal.com/risperdal/faqs_autisticdisorder.html

I am excited. Hopefully, his mood will become better. After that appt, I raced home to meet the behavioralist. They had some good insight and referred me to some new resources as well... Hopefully, this is a turning point! I was so sad and frustrated today. Felt like my world just crumbled. But I definitely think we are heading the right way.

0 comments: