Consonants and Vowels...

As I go on my journey that is my life, I am inclined to write about experiences or feelings, share pics, recipes, ideas, oh just whatever may pop into my cluttered brain. Feel free to read and or share if you so desire...

Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year... New Me?

While I usually celebrate a more "witchy" new year in October, I have decided to make a few resolutions this year.

Firstly, I am beginning to wonder if it is such a good idea to eat sushi and edamame while I am keenly aware that I am allergic to avocado and soybeans... I absolutely pigged out last night and today, my nose is so stuffed, I have a headache, and generally don't feel well. And, no I am not hung over. I had 2 of my new favorite beers last night ans was in bed by 2 am. It was a nice night though. We watched movies, ordered in, had a few drinks and spent some nice time together. But anyway, maybe I should cut back on the allergens for a while... I just love them so much!

Secondly, is an obvious and cliched resolution. I want to get in shape. Chad tells me how nice I look, but I need to "feel" it. So, I am going to watch what I eat. No radical diets. Drink more water. And exercise at least 3 times a week. I am hoping to do Yoga every day, but don't want to set the bar too high.

I had already mentioned in earlier posts about delving into my spirituality a bit more... That is proving interesting. I heard another word in trance work which I am desperately trying to figure out... It sounded like ardentstrider. I was walking in a woods, and I heard it out of no where... Very odd. I have been delving into books and old notes, but not much luck so far. So far I have come up with stridr: verkr, a strong pain. The beginning I don't get.... Will keep ya posted. In the meantime, a rune draw for the new year

This one flew out of my hand....
Eihwaz.

Endings.

This rune is often associated with death but it is never negative. It reminds us that new beginnings and fresh starts can only come after some aspect of our life has died off. It encourages us to embrace change and make the best use of the opportunities it offers.

On a cautionary note it warns us to stay alert to what is happening around us and to be prepared to defend our position.

Around it I drew:
Thurisaz

Thorn or Strength

You are supported and protected. Fate stands with you. Seek counsel before making important decisions, this is a time to ask for help - it will be there for you and may provide you with more than you expect.

The darker side of this rune may also act as a warning that the thing we need protection from is actually ourselves.

Jera

Harvest, Year


All things in life are cyclical, we can reap only what we sow. We must be prepared to nurture the seeds we plant and give them space and time enough to grow, only then will we enjoy fully the fruits of our labous.

Now may be the time to prepare for future growth.

Dagaz

Daylight, Dawn, Breakthrough

Dagaz reminds us that this is a life of balance - good & evil, dark & light - all extremes have their opposite and it is possible to move from one to the other. This is the rune of transformation, the power which is available to all of us.

It can also signify the end of dark times, as if stepping out in to the light. Success is within reach.


Wow'. All in all a very good reading. This year will hold alot of promise. Changes, but it appears that the changes are good ones...

Happy new year to you all... I am off to play World of Warcraft! lol

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!!

SunTiger said...

Your rune interpretations often differ dramatically from what I've experienced with them. That does not mean your interpretation is wrong and mine is right -- only that we view the runes differently. For instance Eihwaz (from my way of knowing) would address much of what you mentioned about your goals for the new year. More specifically: spiritual growth. As Eihwaz symbolizes the tree of life, which connects us to the nine worlds in Norse mythology and is a good rune to meditate upon for astral travel . . . it also speaks of the 9 days that Odin hung himself upside down and explored each of the different realms (until He gained new wisdom to share with His people; and this being the year '09, well, I doubt that rune flying from your hand was accidental). What's more: Eiwaz is associated w/the Yew tree, which is very flexible; Hunting bows are often crafted from Yew wood since it is bends w/o breaking. Perhaps the "death" meaning you mention comes from eating of the Yew tree, e.g., chewing too many berries?

Sorry to know you suffer from allergies. Mine are all environmental (e.g., I walked into a store that had a certain dust today and I started sneezing/runny nose. I wish I could avoid eating something to make those symptoms go away!)

Hopefully our allergies will last only a seven-year period and we will both be free of them!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year and thank you for you most wonderful blogging. Sorry about the allergies and hope thatyour "resolutions" stick with you and work out!!!

Nadette said...

Thanks for your comment and for following my blog :D
I have never used runes much...well not at all, but they look really interessting and I think that you've done well interpreting them from what I can see.

Tammy said...

Happy New Year my friend. I was chuckling all the way through your post because it was like you took it straight from my thoughts. I just made up a couple weeks worth of menus for myself to follow, renewed my gym membership, downloaded some yoga videos and completed a weekly schedule that outlines when I am going to exercise, meditate, do homework, etc. I too don't usually make resolutions because I feel they are just a set up for letting myself down...lol. But so much has happened this last couple of years, that I have to keep going, I have to growing and changing. Perhaps we should start another blog outlining our resolution progress? ;)
Love and Kindness,
~A