Consonants and Vowels...

As I go on my journey that is my life, I am inclined to write about experiences or feelings, share pics, recipes, ideas, oh just whatever may pop into my cluttered brain. Feel free to read and or share if you so desire...

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Kuh-rah-TAY

Both of my boys want to get into martial arts. I am working on a way to make this happen for them. We don't have alot of money, but I feel it would be beneficial to both of them. My oldest, Colin is autistic (mild) and has ADD, my youngest is ADHD... lol I think it would help teach them a bit of discipline. Maybe...

Funny story.

Yesterday, while on the way to school I overheard the two of them in the back seat arguing. No, debating; if you will.... They were talking over who was actually the better padawan learner... (Star wars reference...) They argued who had the better light saber, who knew where Tattooine was really located, who could talk to wookies, and finally who knew what a "hutt" was... My oldest said "Duh, it is a tent with grass on top of it!"... Conner giggled an evil laugh and reminded him that "Jabba" was a hutt...."Jabba the HUTT". ANd all of his other relatives were HUTTS too! lol... I laughed all the way to work. I am raising the two biggest Star Wars NERDS! and I love it! :) I told them both that I thought they would make awesome Jedi knights....

3 comments:

Nadette said...

lol, they sound like my brother and I, who where raised on star wars (I saw star wars and the princess bride before I saw the little mermaide I think lol) anyways. I enjoyed taking martial arts when I was a kid, and I am sure that they would too.

SunTiger said...

A couple of years ago I sold a story about the various martial arts programs available to children to "Seattle's Child" magazine. While I was doing the interviewing (at the various dojos) I learned it's very important for the parent to choose a school that's in line with family values.

For instance: do you want your children to learn how to strike others? Do you want them to attend highly competitive competitions? Would you prefer they focus on learning to move their body in a healing/self-focused manner?

(The various focuses are the kinds of things that make Karate very different from Tae Kwon Do, etc.)

Regardless of what program you choose for you boys, I'm sure they'll HAVE FUN!

The Mad Botanist said...

I think it's awesome that your little boys are such star wars fans! the world can never have enough of those (myself included) lol :)