Consonants and Vowels...

As I go on my journey that is my life, I am inclined to write about experiences or feelings, share pics, recipes, ideas, oh just whatever may pop into my cluttered brain. Feel free to read and or share if you so desire...

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Imbolc

The last few days I have been keeping myself quite busy! I have Suzie Homemaker syndrome and have been cleaning and baking up a storm. I made 6 dozen chocolate chip cookies yesterday and a dozen blueberry scones! The scones are to die for. Easily better than Starbucks... lol. But seriously, they are. I should open a bakery! I love to bake. I have had so much energy. It feels like I am nesting! lol... I guess that is just the effect that Imbolc has on me.

Tonight, the girls and I are getting together for our Imbolc rite and to hang out. I am excited. I made a casserole called puffed up pizza. (a recipe my gramma made all the time!) Tonight, our focus will be on the growing seeds of Spring, about the quickening of life, and we have decided that at the roots, Imbolc is a celebration of life-giving... which is a feminine job; what the whole pregnancy and birth thing! :) So, tonight we honor our female ancestors who got us here and see what lessons they have in store for us. We are making new pacts and promises to each other and then we will eat, drink, and be absolutely merry!

I will post that recipe later for the pizza dish. Its really good, affordable, and easy!

3 comments:

Nadette said...

I have never really paid much attention to Imbolc. I was hoping this year to go out hiking and welcome the coming spring with a friend of mine, but I have been down with the flu...figures since I skipped my flu shot...Cookies and scones would be amazing, I would so buy from your bakery :D sounds like you had great fun though XD

SunTiger said...

I'm still waiting for that pizza recipe. :D

Hey . . . you want to send me an email address so I can send you reminders for CyberCoven.blogspot.com updates??? (My email address is SunTiger@usa.com). :D

Jacqueline said...

Haha, I love Suzie Homemaker syndrome.

I actually managed to miss Imbolc this year. I have no idea how it happened. My husband and I are both pagan and it slipped our minds; I felt horrible - still do!

Well I like what I've read so far :) I'm following you!