Consonants and Vowels...

As I go on my journey that is my life, I am inclined to write about experiences or feelings, share pics, recipes, ideas, oh just whatever may pop into my cluttered brain. Feel free to read and or share if you so desire...

Monday, January 5, 2009

Full Moon Cakes!!!!

Moon Cakes Recipe

Ingredients:
2 cups sifted flour - not self rising
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
¼ cup shortening
½ cup milk
1 slightly beaten egg

Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Cut in shortning until mixture is crumbly. Stir in milk and egg to form a soft dough. Round dough on a lightly floured cloth-covered board. Knead lightly about 30 seconds. Roll or pat out until dough is even ly spread aobut ¼ “ thick. Cut into moon shapes. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.


These go great with a little wine, some fruity beer, or hot cider!!!! ;) Be careful, they burn easily!
I am going to make these this month and have the kids participate in the esbat!

0 comments: