Consonants and Vowels...

As I go on my journey that is my life, I am inclined to write about experiences or feelings, share pics, recipes, ideas, oh just whatever may pop into my cluttered brain. Feel free to read and or share if you so desire...

So far for the new year, I have done yoga every morning, Have started eating a bit better, and am working on organizing my finances... UGH... I hate money. Unless I actually have some and then I might find it pleasing... My desk was such a mess. I got to the point that when a bill came in, I threw it in a pile and did not give it a care... Yea, made a mess, I did. Well, one day at a time. Cleaning it up.

Work has been crazy. ALOT of hours. I have to work this weekend, which sucks because I was supposed to go to Illinois for my family Xmas... I had to miss it. It makes me sad.

My brain is a bit on the frizz today... Perhaps I will have something brilliant to share later!

5 comments:

Nadette said...

Baby steps are the way to do it, one step at a time. I know what you mean about work though, I took two weeks off during my winter break to spend with my boyfriend, and so the next few weeks I am going to be having a whole lot of hours...which kinda sucks. And the desk...one of my resolutions has been to clean my room...who knows what is growing in there lol. You should check out the Yogamazing Podcasts, it's a 20 minute work out and it's put out every week, that's where I get most of mine.

Unknown said...

It's all matter of small steps indeed and sounds like you're onto a great start outside of all the work, dumb ol' work...geesh!

It always gets in the way. LOL!

You always share brilliant musings...

SunTiger said...

I hear ya (about hating the bizarre routine that needing money puts us in concerning our need to go to work). I was suggesting to my sister that maybe we should go live in Arizona and eat spiders for survival. She thought that was a horrible idea. (She doesn't want to live under a bridge w/me either).

All the same -- we DO have choices. We CHOOSE to go to work (I have previously abandoned jobs that I loathed only to struggle later -- feeling as though perhaps I should have endured the agony of mental anguish and lack of freedom a bit longer).

The trick, I have learned, is to look for the blessing in our daily lives -- that cup of coffee, that warm office in winter, the safety of not living under a flimsy tent.

Then I read the papers about Africa -- the kidnapped boys returning to villages in droves to commit murder, sometimes killing their own family, and I realize going to work each day is really not so bad after all.

steveroni said...

Afraid I'll miss whatever you post later today--that "something brilliant"--goin' to bed.

But I needed to read about the little tiny, baby steps I must take, as I again become..."willing to grow along spiritual lines."

Thank you, (Second) favorite witch. NOTE: (First) favorite is Atiyanna. Sorry! -grin

DarklyFey said...

Way to go! Those little goals really add up to big change! I'm excited for you. :)