Consonants and Vowels...

As I go on my journey that is my life, I am inclined to write about experiences or feelings, share pics, recipes, ideas, oh just whatever may pop into my cluttered brain. Feel free to read and or share if you so desire...

Friday, January 16, 2009

Children's worry spell

My son Conner has OCD and worries about EVERYTHING. He has trouble falling asleep at night and he asked me if I could help him with a spell... He is 10, and I was delighted to help.

We opened my witch cabinet and dug in...

He decided he wanted to place some herbs in a special place and then annoint a blue candle wit Earth oil. He chose Lavender (lots), Hops (lots), a pinch of Rosemary, White Willow Bark, and Elecampagne Root. He then added Devils shoestring to hide him from worry! (His words) How adorbale! He made his own special container with Legos and we said some chanting. He was so cute. I found it interesting in how he chose his herbs, he held them, smelled them, and closed his eyes as if to "feel" them. I did not tell him what the herbs were for, and he chose VERY appropriately!

My cat Triniti kept hopping in the cabinet!!!
























7 comments:

SunTiger said...

How powerful! I feel so inspired by this story because people often discuss how best to teach children about their practice. This is a great example of good work.

Also . . . He can shield himself from any harm with protection runes such as Ingwaz, Thurisaz, etc.

He can be hidden from anything paranormal (become invisible) with Dagaz.

I love the way he made his own container with Legos. AWESOME idea!

Haley @ Iridescent Dark said...

What a delightful and insightful young boy. That is going to be one effective spell! I think there's so much we can learn from children in the craft (along with many aspects of life). They have a much more immediate and intuitive connection to things that we (well, myself for sure) tend to over-anylyze and think to death. I'm sure your boy will be fine. That post has made my day =D.

Anonymous said...

Very cool..

Nadette said...

Wow, I hope my kids will be like him, he's sweet XD.
I have been makind books in my art class and I kinda have a mind to make a child's book of spells, just for the heck of it, but I was wondering if you/he would mind if I put it it, I'd call is "Conner's Worry Spell"

SunTiger said...

Would you mind sending me an email, {so I can authorize you to make entries at CyberCoven whenever you feel like it?} SunTiger@usa.com.

Asphodel said...

I think it's cute that he got so involved in the process.

I remember making it a daily ritual to blow out the bad dreams in my oldest son's dreamcatcher and it was the ritual that gave him the comfort he needed.

And speaking of cute...I really like your new profile picture. :)

Lunar Earth Mama said...

Your son is so very cute and powerful!!!!