Consonants and Vowels...

As I go on my journey that is my life, I am inclined to write about experiences or feelings, share pics, recipes, ideas, oh just whatever may pop into my cluttered brain. Feel free to read and or share if you so desire...

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Lacking the holiday "spirit"

I guess with all the stress lately at work and the ice storm fiasco with lack of power for 3 days... I haven't really taken the time to relax and get into the mood for the holidays. I feel rushed and unready. I am questioning the fits I have bought. I feel like I haven't enough... It sucks when you don't have money this time of year. There is such a focus on the material... It makes me angry. I am just happy and content to spend time with friends and family and tip back a few... I was supposed to get of early today and be off on Xmas and Friday. I will be getting off at normal time today and will be working Friday. Yuck. I like my job, but I really just wanted a break. Maybe I will take a small vacation soon.

Anyway, I am feeling blah, I suppose the weather is partly to blame. I will perk up soon, I hope.

I did an online rune draw this morning because I forgot my own at home. I don't usually do "reverse" meanings for runes. This site does though. The reading seems to be right on for me today!


The Norn spread is used to plot the crucial elements of past, present, and future, and to reveal the evolution of the situation through the arc of time. Stone Runes are most commonly used for questions about the natural world and things beyond human control.
The left rune represents an important element of the past. Algiz plainly shows the antlers of the elk that it represents. The elk is the object of the hunt, and hence Algiz speaks to the pursuit of goals and the thrill of that pursuit. The rune is currently shown reversed, so this could suggest a failed endeavor or a lack of effort. Algiz is also representative of a protective hand (fingers open wide), so the reversed form may indicate a failed defense.
The middle rune represents a deciding element of the present. Uruz is the name of the Auroch, an extinct prehistoric ox. This animal was strong and brave, and was the focus of rites of manhood in older days. Reversed, this rune symbolizes either the lack of challenge, or the lack of preparation for a challenge. This rune suggests that you must reach deep within in order to gain the power you will need, whether to get out of your current rut, or to face what appears to be a hopeless situation.
The right rune represents the critical element of the future. Sowelu is a strong symbol, for it represents the sun. Unlike equatorial cultures who may see the sun as a harsh and imperial force capable of causing droughts, in the cold north the sun is a purely feminine force that gives life and allows crops to grow. In dark times, this rune represents clarity of sight and the victory of good over evil. Sowelu is irreversible, as the cycles of the sun and seasons are perpetual.

http://www.facade.com/runes/

4 comments:

SunTiger said...

I agree that our society has a sick and twisted view of money -- as though THAT is what gave people their value. Tell that to Gandhi, Jesus, or Mohammed and they'd all admit that while money is NOT evil, the greed and lust for money (that we see all around us) is very disturbing.

At the same time, as I see it, money gives us the "POWER TO DO" whatever we want, eat what we want and go where we want and when. I'd definitely like to have more money.

Yet the LACK of money enables us to get much more creative -- to have more fun. EXAMPLE: My family and I agreed to not spend any more than $20 on each person. My son posts videos on-line all the time and uses props for a variety of his different characters, so for his gift, I made a killing at the thrift store (which makes me feel good because the thrift stores where I shop not only recycle goods but they employ the less-abled.

You can see my son Gregory's gifts (all purchased by me for a grand total of $19.99; honest!) at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voDyCgBuy1s

Curious Curandera said...

I agree, the Christmas season is too commercialized and it seems to be getting worse. Seems like the focus is on how many things someone gets or how much you spend on gifts. Many Blessings

Unknown said...

Yes it's true that the holiday season is a pain in the rear of expectations. I find that all the wonderment of life, love and family gets sucked into the vortex of want and expectation...ugh! But other than that...you know I love this post really made me think and I hope that you get a mini-vaca soon!
G~*

Asphodel said...

I hope you at least got to enjoy your own little rituals, and that you get a needed break soon.

Love your blog and will visit again!

Namaste