Consonants and Vowels...

As I go on my journey that is my life, I am inclined to write about experiences or feelings, share pics, recipes, ideas, oh just whatever may pop into my cluttered brain. Feel free to read and or share if you so desire...

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

So So Sleepy

I barely slept last night. I kept hearing noises. I had my fan on, but it sounded like someone or something was banging on my door downstairs. I couldn't tell if it as the front door or back and I was paralyzed each time I woke up to hear banging. I laid there trying to breathe, my heart pounding in my throat. I was so disoriented. I laid there thinking if I hid under my covers it would just go away. I would slowly doze off and then awaken to the thudding again. I swear I could even hear the chain lock and the windows rattle. I did finally get out of bed and look out the windows. No cars, no tracks in the snow, no shadows, just nothing to explain it.

I had to report for jury duty this morning. Fun. Thank goodness there were police officers involved in this trial and once I stated that my mom's husband was a cop and an abusive s.o.b. ... Well, they excused me! :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I appreciate this post quite a bit. I thank you for reconfirming that I'm not the only one who loses sleep on a regular basis due to the noises I hear!

I am glad that I found your blog and would like to add you to my blog roll is that is okay?

Namaste, GM~*

... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

OMG.. I am sooo there with you! With my husband in Congo every othr month, anf the "things" in my house, sleep doesn't come easily.. I sleep with a fan on to try to drown out the noise too.. :)

steveroni said...

My wife sleeps with a fan on --well TWO fans! And I HATE them. However, when she is away for a weekend or a few days, guess what?

I cannot sleep unless I turn on a fan. Oh yeah, ONE fan!

I'll bet you know Atiyanna--she's one of my dozen "favorite bloggers", maybe because I've found someone who is SO different from me, yet I LIKE her, and her writing -grin- AND....she likes Bach!

Luna, thanks for blogging. I'll be Bach!

Steve E.

SunTiger said...

I've been hearing weird noises too. Instead of me investigating and realizing it had to be some disembodied entity -- lately it's been the visiting cats (My son & daughter-in-laws) playing with one of my two felines. My gawd those cats can sound like elephants when they run on hardwood floors or bang into the washing machine.

Richest blesings,
SunTiger