Consonants and Vowels...

As I go on my journey that is my life, I am inclined to write about experiences or feelings, share pics, recipes, ideas, oh just whatever may pop into my cluttered brain. Feel free to read and or share if you so desire...

Thursday, December 18, 2008

That which is "becoming"

"Bottom line is, even if you see 'em coming, you're not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does. So what are we, helpless? Puppets? No. The big moments are gonna come, you can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are."

That is a quote from a favorite "Buffy" episode... quite fitting that the episode is called "Becoming" I was watching a little Buffy tonight and yea, I find inspiration in the strangest places. :) I was so fixated on the title... "becoming". It started me thinking.

So, I sat there for a while, playing with my hair, and then started down this path of thought that took me back to my Vanic witchcraft or Germanic witchcraft days. I started thinking of wyrd and orlog. I began focusing on disir... and eventually settled on the Norns. I am not sure if any of you are familiar with the Norns, but I have been reading a blog lately (SunTiger) and she was speaking of the Norns. I think that brought back some memories. For several reasons, I had abandoned my Germanic path. We were actually in a kindred and there was turbulence and confusion as relationships were made closer and things changed. It is a long and twisted tale, but it led to infidelity and broken hearts. For a long time, I have abandoned almost all aspects of the Germanic path because of the reminders... But, today I am drawn in. Maybe it was speaking of my grandmother, going through those old family photos... Stirring my disir (Disir are defined differently by different heathens, but the way i see it is this: My Disir are my female ancestors, Goddesses in their own right. To honor the disir is to honor the matrons that came before me... as well as many of the lesser Goddesses...)

Maybe it is the approaching holidays. Association with "family time". Perhaps that is why I am feeling drawn in. I am not sure. But, I feel plugged in. Connected. Becoming.

Becoming what, you ask?

I can't wait to find out!

A rune draw for the evening:

Nauthiz-
Patience is a virtue. This is not a time to force things - settle back, live in harmony and go with the flow. Delays do not mean failure, be prepared to amend your plans if necessary but only after careful consideration.

Jera-
All things in life are cyclical, we can reap only what we sow. We must be prepared to nurture the seeds we plant and give them space and time enough to grow, only then will we enjoy fully the fruits of our labours.

Dagaz-
Dagaz reminds us that this is a life of balance - good & evil, dark & light - all extremes have their opposite and it is possible to move from one to the other. This is the rune of transformation, the power which is available to all of us.

I will ponder this one. It makes perfect sense and it is a good reading. Definitely applies. Well, I am off to slumber. I had a really rough day.

If I am lucky, we will het the 4 inches of ICE they are calling for and I won't possibly be able to make it in to work tomorow! ;)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got ice.. Did you?

SunTiger said...

Wow. Powerful post. Probably the biggest difference between German & Norse witchcraft is how the aforementioned insert a "W" before Odin's name. :}

I actually felt expanded by your rune definitions as I have primarily observed them from a different angle.

Dagaz, for example, is excellent for moving invisibly through he astral realm. {You inspire me to get back to studying harder.}

I hope you keep blogging on topic. Anyone who gets lost in the mythological terminology can check out this site: http://www.stavinternational.org/dsessay-01.htm

steveroni said...

Know what? I also feel a "Coming"...and do not know what. It's almost an excitement, just short of a nervousness. BUT it IS an awareness, that "things" are happening. In my life, also. And this is not the 'holidays' I'm talking about...