Consonants and Vowels...

As I go on my journey that is my life, I am inclined to write about experiences or feelings, share pics, recipes, ideas, oh just whatever may pop into my cluttered brain. Feel free to read and or share if you so desire...

Sunday, July 5, 2009

A-hem

Okay, I have returned at least momentarily to my blog... I have been so busy, I just haven't felt like blogging lately! Hope everyone is well, I will get caugh up on your blogs here in a moment...

I have been very busy at work. Working alot of hours, proving myself and it has finally paid off!!! I got promoted again! I am now the Dictor of Nursing! OMG! I have waited my entire nursing career fo this opportunity and it is now in front of me. I got a huge raise... (Well, what I consider huge, may be modest to some)... :) But I am extremely excited.

We have been having money issues again... Big suprise. Chad, my husband has been diagnosed with systemic lupus. So, we have had many medical bills of late, medication, and missed work hours on top of that! But, we are getting by! And things are about to at least be comfortable. I don't want to be rich, just comfy.
Last night, the 4th of July, everyone had parties at their places or at a friend or relatives to go to. Chad worked and I had absolutely NOTHING to do. Colin has met a new friend in the neighborhood. His name is Amado, he is Hispanic. I met his parents yesterday and they graciously (maybe forcefully :) ) invited me into their home for food and drinks. They have very little money. Husband has been out of work for over a year now and she works in a factory. They have a small house, a quarter of what mine is currently, little money and yet invited me, a stranger into their home and treated me like family. They had Latin music blaring, decorations everywhere, I ate a barbecued burger, which I have never had, some Spanish rice, and she made me a rum libation which would have knocked me on my ass if I had finished it! lol I sat there in this families back yard, listening to their stories, and I was... comfortable. I started thinking about my financial situation... Me and my husband both have great jobs. We waste alot of money. I think as I watched this family enjoy each other and laugh, living life happily, I realized that the most important things in this life really don't cost much! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi...been a while. I trust the boy is doing better. Tough haul on yer ol'man with that damned lupus. I've known a lot of people of Spanish descent.......they are far more culturally 'centered' in their worlds and can make some of the finest friends. Nice to hear your OK and congrats on the raise.....

... said...

Wow, I can't type! "Dictor" of nursing? lol