Consonants and Vowels...

As I go on my journey that is my life, I am inclined to write about experiences or feelings, share pics, recipes, ideas, oh just whatever may pop into my cluttered brain. Feel free to read and or share if you so desire...

From under the ground, he clawed his way up. Pushing the dirt, small rocks, and clumps of grass out of his way as he writhed his way from his grave. His gangly, bony fingers with hunks of missing flesh dug at the dirt leaving small track like marks in the mud.

He was angry. Correction. He was mad as hell. That bitch had taken him out when he least expected it. He was sitting there in his recliner chair, beer in one hand and remote control in the other. That cunning woman had snuck up behind him and strangled him with his own belt!!!

That was the last thing he remembered. Until he woke up, groggy and sick in a hole in the ground! Vengeance filled his dead, cold, non-beating heart. He could focus only on finding her and making her pay for what she did to him!

At last, he was free from his earthen prison. He stood tall and eager to take a step. He was clumsy, definitely more clumsy than before his demise. Yet, somehow he felt stronger. He couldn't understand how he could still be amongst the living after what he suffered. Then, it struck him as a blow from a blunt object- He was NOT among the living... But the living dead. He sat down on a pile of dirt and contemplated his situation...

More to come... If you so desire.

5 comments:

Bitsa Lit said...

Hey! thanks for checking out my blog and commenting! I love the beginning of this story..or excerpt I guess! It is right down my alley as anything supernatural, vampire, werewolf-e or witchy gets me going! I would love to read more! Keep up the great work!
If youre into the supernatural type thing to read and like romance with bits of action and mystery thrown in then you should check out the Riley Jenson series by Keri Arthur. I think the first book is called Full Moon Rising and theres 8 of them so far. Really great but its not for people that blush easy ;)
Thanks again and I will be back to read more :)

... said...

I will check those books out.. I wonder if she is a bit like Laurell K Hamilton? I should love it... Have been looking for a new author!! Thanks!

Nadette said...

wow I really like it I would love to read more. It really reminds me of a book I read called sabrial, but it might just be because of the undead aspect, but it looks really awesome, two thumbs up

SunTiger said...

Awesome and so pertinent to what I'm reading right now ("Monsters" by John Michael Greer) . . . That book's where vampires so often appear as an apparition -- sucking energy like the Hag who sits on our chests to practically suffocate us while we were previously sleeping at night!

wylde otse said...

this is really good, skuld. damn good.

Sun Tiger,
cool.
i'm just following J.M.G.'s blog. i love the way he comments on all our comments :o)