Consonants and Vowels...

As I go on my journey that is my life, I am inclined to write about experiences or feelings, share pics, recipes, ideas, oh just whatever may pop into my cluttered brain. Feel free to read and or share if you so desire...

Thursday, October 9, 2008

My work

Yesterday was a challenging day for me. While I like being the center of attention, I had to lead a lecture on dementia and then initiate a support group. It was a teaching circle of sorts and it was my creation. I did very well. I was so nervous. But, I pulled it off. It was incredible. I made alot of folks feel better. Dementia is an awful disease and it is so hard to deal with when a loved one gets it! I love my job though. I feel as if I am blossoming. "Becoming". I love that word.

I was honored to be nominated to chair our Dementia Ed Committee and even blushed when I found out that our corporate office has issued some ofmy work for use in ALL of our facilities... Wow. I feel so special and honored.

My job is tough. Oh, the stories I could share...LOL. I run a Dementia Unit in an assisted living community... It is tough, but very rewarding work. I LOVE my job.

1 comments:

kemikal girl said...

That is really exciting! There need to be more people in your position who actually care about their job and their patients. Congratulations!