Consonants and Vowels...

As I go on my journey that is my life, I am inclined to write about experiences or feelings, share pics, recipes, ideas, oh just whatever may pop into my cluttered brain. Feel free to read and or share if you so desire...

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Should have gone with the girls

My husband worked 8 days in a row last week. 12 hour shifts, so he worked and slept. I BARELY saw him. So he exclaims that Sat night is a date night and he wants to go for dinner because he misses me. I was excited. I got "gussied" up and waited for him to be ready. We left the house early because we needed to run some errands, I needed a new pair of sun glasses, mine were ruined, and prescriptions... We took the jeep with the top off and it started out great. He tells me he had this awesome dream that we went to best buy and bought him new desktop computer. I chortled. I know this is not a possibility financially and furthermore, who just goes and buys a computer for no reason. I have spent hundreds of dollars fixing up the computer we have as he requested each item, new keyboard, mouse, monitor, even a 150 dollar video card, new sound card... Anyway, I didn't say much when he mentioned his dream. I was thinking instead of dinner and our night together. He pulls in to best buy. Says he needs a new ipod transmitter for his Jeep... The other one works fine but doesn't charge his iPod, so I tell him he should charge it at home every night then and we move along, then he is staring at the computers. Seriously. I think he has lost it. We are planning a vacation trip to Chicago next weekend which is going to cost us, I have yet to buy back to school clothes for the boys, and I have bills to pay. He has no concept of where money goes. Said he checked our bank balance and we have enough... I had to say no, he began to pout as a child. He moved on down the aisle where he began begging for a mouse for the computer which cost 150 bucks... I politely explained that we have two at home that work just fine. I swear he stomped his foot and said "FINE, let's just go then". I was aghast. I followed him to the Jeep and he continued pouting. Would not talk to me except to say that I have been spending money and it is not fair that he doesn't get to buy something.... ? I went to the eye Dr 6 months late and got glasses and contacts, I bought Colin a new pair of shoes because his were falling apart, I spoiled myself and bought some shower gel instead of using his deodorant soap, OH and I did buy 2 pairs of khakis for work as I had only one pair of nice ones and since I was promoted thought I should look nice. AND I bought a Harry Potter book, which I have already finished.. :) I guess I did buy stuff, He bought a new shirt, a new iPod case, and 2 movies.... AND we went out o the movies at is request and out for dinner with the family which was an expensive excursion. Anyway, none of this matters. He is acting like a child, barely spoke at dinner and then ended up yelling, screaming at the kids last night, hauled off and hit Colin... and I think all of this stemmed from the fact that he didn't get what he wanted. Funny thing was, I thought he "wanted" me. To spend time with "me"...I suppose I was wrong.

I should have gone out with the girls instead. Now I understand why Michele was so persistent... :)

1 comments:

SunTiger said...

Clearly that outing must have felt more like you were his mother than his spouse?