Consonants and Vowels...

As I go on my journey that is my life, I am inclined to write about experiences or feelings, share pics, recipes, ideas, oh just whatever may pop into my cluttered brain. Feel free to read and or share if you so desire...

Friday, August 7, 2009

The Moon and all it's glory

Every month, I am fascinated by the effects that the full moon has on civilization. I work in an assisted living community and the residents and families seem more demanding and harder to redirect... Behaviors in our dementia community become worse.

I myself don't sleep for 3 days or so and really crave red meat. I am full of energy bordering on mania... But when I sit outside and watch the moon I am filled with this tranquil peace. Last night, I caught sight of it through misty clouds and headed outside to sit and watch it, to be at peace. I was stopped by my husband who didn't want to go outside and then became angry with me for wanting a few stolen moon moments for myself. He was off work and wants me to spend every waking second at his side... I went outside anyway, but my solace was ruined.

I did dream about it though, that was cool.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was amazing here...it had a reddish tint to it and it was gorgeous...glad you dreamt about it...it still came to you!

SunTiger said...

My spouse was being a control freak during the full moon too. ODD. I'm glad you didn't buy into that pathetic behavior . . . I'm glad you went outside (I understand how easily a spouse can ruin a very pleasurable moment and I'm sorry it happened). Meanwhile, playing into such controlling antics only mean we feed such irregular behavior.

{Perhaps you have vampire protectors in the metaphysical realm and that's why your crave the red meat when human behavior is most unpredictable - you pick up on something they need)