Consonants and Vowels...

As I go on my journey that is my life, I am inclined to write about experiences or feelings, share pics, recipes, ideas, oh just whatever may pop into my cluttered brain. Feel free to read and or share if you so desire...

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Freedom Chased

Invisible bars on my windows
Broken locks on my doors.
Over there,My special place
Quiet, full of grace
I sit there breathing peaceful air.
For a moment, bars not there.

Quiet! Sit and listen!
Freedom rings and I can hear the music faintly, sweetly
I can see the buds bloom from across the room
My eyes close as my guard checks out...

Oh, but the sound of thundering terror
Not a false alarm
Reminds me I am locked up
With this fear, my joy disarmed

They shake the cage where I am kept
Countless times, here, have I wept

Lovers don't look lovely
Friends don't look friendly
I hardly recognize myself
with black water running down my face

By: Jen

0 comments: